Domain Name Forum  

Go Back   Domain Name Forum > Community > The Break Room

Old 01-20-2019, 02:06 PM

Default what is Golf Hybrid?

what is Golf Hybrid? Do I need to buy it?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:34 AM

Hybrids and irons are two distinctly different types of golf clubs, although they can be used interchangeably under certain conditions.

For example, for a 180 yard shot into the green from the first cut of rough I might use my 4-Iron or my 7-hybrid - both of which I can hit about 180 yards from the rough.

But when the rough gets deeper, I ALWAYS prefer to use one of my hybrid golf clubs and here’s why…

Irons tend to catch the deeper grass and twist as they come through the rough. The result is that it is sometimes very difficult to get the club face squarely on the ball with my irons when hitting out of the deeper rough.

Hybrid golf clubs - on the other hand - are designed with a very low Center-of-Gravity (CG). Their compact, heavily-weighted heads are ideal for penetrating the deeper rough and getting the club face on the ball. I can make better contact with a hybrid when hitting out of the rough and therefore, hybrids are my go-to clubs in these situations.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM

A hybrid is a type of club used in the sport of golf with a design borrowing from both irons and woods while differing from both. The name "hybrid" comes from genetics to denote a mixture of two different species with desirable characteristics of both, and the term here has been generalized, combining the familiar swing mechanics of an iron with the more forgiving nature and better distance of a wood. As for me it is very useful club, I have several. If you want to choose some I recommend this reviews https://golfclubguru.net/best-golf-hybrids/