Domain Name Forum  

Go Back   Domain Name Forum > Business Development > Marketing Techniques
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 PM

Default BEWARE of "my traffic strategy" - here's my results

Hey guys, I tried "my traffic strategy", at the time I was investigating driving traffic through gadgets and stumbled across David Lockley's site so wanted to test out this idea. I paid for this service on April 25; built and submitted my Gadget on May 5. (BTW you'll need to produce regular content for it to work - just like article marketing.) Anyway, back to my results. It's now June 13 and the amount of traffic I've gotten so far is... wait for it... ...ZERO! That's right, absolutely NOTHING! ZILCH! NADA! It's been almost 2 months and Google still hasn't seen my gadget because the poor gadget is STILL "in progress", sitting right there on elertgadget's internal site. And yes, this could drag on for MONTHS. (or years... you never know because you're NOT guaranteed anything!) The thing is, when your gadget DOES reach Google (eventually), it'll take Google another 1 to 2 months (if you're lucky) to verify and approve your gadget. But wait... Even when that does happen don't expect to see any traffic any time soon, because you'll have to remain extra patient and wait for ANOTHER few weeks for something to actually start happening (if anything at all). I don't know about you, but personally, a service that delivers ZERO results after 2 months (and potentially many more months to come) is plain RIDICULOUS. And it seems to me that once they have your money, they don't give a damn about you or your gadget. The truth is, they did NOT communicate with me (not even ONCE) about my gadget's progress and probably wouldn't have At All if I didn't start complaining about this total lack of service. And guess what they replied? They basically told me that my gadget was a piece of crap, it was too "commercial" and needed to be completely changed. Straight away, I asked them why they didn't raise this issue when I first submitted my gadget (which was weeks before this). So I pretty much said to them - look if you want to run a service it's your responsibility to ensure delivery. If changes need to be made, you inform your customers instantly and work with them. You don't just ignore the issue for weeks and ONLY respond when the customer starts to complain, and then just blame everything on the customer as if it's their personal problem and not yours. So as you can see at this point I was already getting angry at them. Then immediately David Lockley apologized to me and told me that my gadget was actually fine, and the delay was somehow because he "must have gotten it mixed up with another gadget". (he came up with more excuses along the way but I won't list them here) About 2 weeks ago he confirmed with me that my gadget was finally going to be moved through. (right...) But why I'm not surprised that I still see NOTHING happening even til today. So this whole week I've been trying to get a refund from him, but the funny thing is, this man David Lockley has suddenly become so busy that he doesn't bother replying to my emails any more... (I will update you on this next week) So, does "my traffic strategy" really work? Honestly, I don't know, because after 2 months of using it I still haven't gotten anywhere near where I MIGHT be able to see some results. And frankly, even if I DO get some results some X months down the track, this is just NOT a service that I'm willing to put up with. And I wouldn't want to put any aspect of my business in their hands. If anything I'd rather outsource the app design to another programmer and test the strategy on my own. That being said, if you have more patience than me and is willing to take the risk, by all means try this out for yourself. Maybe I was just unlucky, but all I can say is, for the same amount of money and effort, there are definitely better services you can invest in.